Hope you enjoy your stay!

Sunday, 6 June 2010

Denim-OPAM-Foot

Once again Jenny has given me the inspiration to get something done…you see these

P1040303 Well they have been hanging around in my sewing room for umm lets just say a while every now and then they would get in my way scream at me “my turn-me next” , but alas they were just relocated yet once again…
Well Miss Jenny’s challenge for June is to make item/s with denim, so yeah yipee I’m inspired to cut and sew..

Moving away from the denim for a minute

OPAM Challenge=one project a month.

Oh soo was doing the happy jig in my mind (cause the foot was a tad to tender to be jumping around)the other day when I found out I was one of the winners for May OPAM challenge run by Peg & Kris , thank you so much girls for inspiring us all to finish off projects.

Foot update-thank you a million to you all for the well wishes.

Have had the stitches removed from my foot, which is enabling me to put more pressure on the sole (which is what the Dr told me to try and do).Pain is minimal unless I over do it, and I just have like a stinging pain where the sutures were –so I guess it’s just the tissue mending itself.

Look I’m back again-but you didn’t miss me as you didn’t know I’d been gone…

Looky what I made yeah hoorah for me I sewed…

P1040300   P1040301   a thread / wee scrap catcher, we will ignore hubby’s comment that a bucket would be a better size…The appliqués were pre done shapes that I received in a swap and I knew they would fit great on this project.. and all I had to do was iron them on.

P1040302 I got a bit umm fussy one might say and had to line it as it just didn’t seem complete..My other denim projects are rolling around in my head and will sewn real soon I feel.

Cheers Vickie

Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Way to go, girl!!! \o/ Brilliant use of a leg? ;-)
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Birdydownunder said...

foots ... I too hate them and have pain. But I do hope yours is healing. As I always say cant complain at least I have them.
Fabulous thread bucket, I have one, really should make more to have in all places of sewing.
keep well.

Anita said...

Hi Vickie, what a great idea to use demin and I love the creation. Of course, I would ignore hubby's comments and get him to do what he does best.....make you cups of tea. lol. I also fell in love with the buttons, being a button girl myself. Have a great weekend. Kind regards, Anita.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Very clever!!!! Love it.

Maria said...

Just popped over from Jenny's blog to check out your fabulous thread bag. Great idea.

http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

Oh may I become a follower??

Pauline said...

they look great Vickie!

Joy McD said...

Well done Vickie! I am being good and IGNORING that challenge! I told myself I have joined too many :) Still, it was tempting!!
Hope your foot is getting better,
lv,
Joy

Michelle said...

What a great use you have found for a Jean leg...way to go !...Cheers Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your foot is getting better. I love your use of applique.

Kate

KaHolly said...

Well now, isn't that the most clever use of an old pair of jeans!! I'm just loving it!! ~karen

Doris Sturm said...

Glad your foot is on the mend and healing nicely.
That yarn catcher container is nice, but I'm with your husband, I would have just used a bucket or a paper bag instead, but then, I don't sew, so there...it is very pretty with the appliques!

Can't wait to see what you come up with for your Jeans project. Happy Sunday and I love using my rose bag ;-)

Sheila said...

Neat idea , love the applique on them as well , really makes them special .

Sue said...

Good to hear your foot is getting better. Keep following the dr's orders and you will be fine before you know it. The thread catcher is very cute. I'd line one too...Much easier to empty I think....and looks "finished". Your hubby's comment about the bucket made me laugh.

Cath Ü said...

Love the thread catcher.. I have one leg left as well and thought a small bag would look good.. Have an idea in my mind... mine too will be lined... we just can't help ourselves...LOL

Cath's Blog

Cath Ü

FNSI Time again

Well it's time to join Wendy and the others for a bit of stitching. To he honest not sure how much  I will  achieve, as yesterday I had...